Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hiking: Śnieżka (1603 m)

I don't think there's a single person in Poland who doesn't know this mountain. Śnieżka is the highest peak of Karkonosze but also one of the easiest to reach. It's well known for its difficult conditions (it's always windy on top and in winter it gets pretty harsh there) but nevertheless in summer I guess it's the most crowded place in the whole Karkonosze chain. 
Well, I knew we had to hike it. Wojtek has a pillow with Snieżka, so I wanted to show him how the real mountain looks like. I went for a hike with him and Mateusz - two boys aged 4 and 5. I have to say, I wasn't sure how it would go. We did encounter a couple of setbacks... However, in the end I have to say that it was a successful day and a pleasant one too. I got to breathe the mountain air. Of course, I did feel need for more afterwards but I guess in my current situation that was the most I could get. And the boys were very brave and happy and we all reached the top!










No comments:

Post a Comment