Friday, February 7, 2014

Poppy - oat bran cake


I really like baking stuff, it gives me pleasure. I like eating too of course, but I guess it's more about the act of baking rather than the act of eating. In the end - the two acts combined make for a fun day.
So I made an oat bran cake with addition of poppy seed. It turned out delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 190g butter
  • 150g sugar
  • 1 tsp almond essence
  • 4 eggs
  • 100g ground almonds
  • 1.5 cup of oat bran
  • 0.5 cup of flour
  • 0.5 cup of dry poppy seed
  • 200g of dried fruit, raisins etc
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Whip egg white, then add sugar, yolks, oat bran and poppy seed - mix altogether. Sieve in the flour and baking powder (earlier mixed together). Add almond essence Pour into a lined cake tin with a removable base. Bake on the centre shelf for 50 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment